C3 Scholarships 2013 - domestic
Applications for general Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) Scholarships for commencement in 2013 at UTS are now closed. Applications for commencement in 2014 open in August 2013.
Applications open: 2 August 2013
Applications close: 26 October 2013
UTS:Science offers competitive three year scholarship stipends valued at approximately $23,000 tax free per-annum with additional benefits including:
• $2,800 per annum allocated as project support grant
• $2,000 postgraduate conference travel funding ( subject to faculty approval)
• Desktop computer and a workspace in state-of-the-art research facilities.
Successful C3 candidates can receive up to $5,000 per annum in travel funds to support research and collaboration.
A range of PhD projects is available within the following C3 Research Groups:
• Aquatic Processes - Antarctic algae, biofuels, coral ecology, harmful algal blooms, oceanographic modelling, seagrass
• Ecological Modelling and Remote Sensing - spectral sensing, bio-optics and phenology, vegetative productivity, on-farm adaptation options dealing with climate change risk,
•Terrestrial Ecohydrology - large-scale forest mortality, plant ecophysiology
C3 is a multidisciplinary research cluster and honours graduates with backgrounds in physics and mathematical modelling are encouraged to apply, as well as candidates with a background in environmental sciences.
- Consult C3 2013 PhD project list (pdf) for project descriptions and desirable skills to get an idea of the types of projects undertaken in C3.
- Consult the C3 Research Group pages to identify potential supervisor details or consult UTS Supervisor database
- Speak to a potential supervisor before proceeding with an application as outlined in "How to apply for a research Degree at UTS:Science".
If your particular area of interest isn't listed there may still be opportunities to join the team so please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a look at the profiles of C3 research students, both past and present, for inspiration.
Supervisor profiles can also be found on the C3 Members pages.
Faculty of Science contact:
Phone: +61 2 9514 2490