C3 Scholarships 2013 - International
Applications for International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) for 2013 commencement at UTS are now closed. Applications for 2014 open in May 2014
Applications open: 1 May 2013
Applications close: 20 August 2013
UTS:Science offers three year scholarship stipends valued at approximately $23,000 tax free per-annum with additional benefits including:
• $2,800 per annum allocated as project support grant
• $2,000 postgraduate conference travel funding ( subject to faculty approval)
• Desktop computer and a workspace in state-of-the-art research facilities.
Successful C3 candidates can receive up to $5,000 per annum in travel funds to support research and collaboration.
A range of PhD projects is available within the following C3 Research Groups:
• Aquatic Processes
• Ecological Modelling and Remote Sensing
• Terrestrial Ecohydrology
C3 is a multidisciplinary research cluster and honours graduates with backgrounds in physics and mathematical modelling are encouraged to apply, as well as candidates with a background in environmental sciences.
- Consult C3 2013 PhD projects (pdf) for project descriptions and desirable skills and to get an idea of the types of projects available in C3
- Consult Research Group pages to identify a potential supervisor or consult UTS Supervisor database
- Speak to a potential supervisor before proceeding with an application as outlined in "How to apply for a research Degree at UTS:Science".
If your particular area of interest isn't listed there may still be opportunities to join the team so please email email@example.com.
Take a look at the profiles of C3 research students, both past and present, for inspiration.
Supervisor profiles can also be found on the C3 Members pages.
Faculty of Science contact:
Phone: +61 2 9514 2490